Monday, July 15, 2013

Things to Know About Me (no narcissism intended)

The majority of my life (up until 23 days ago) I've taken residence in 70808 Baton Rouge, LA.
A variety of forces have brought me to UNR this summer, including my parents uprooting to come here for work, my appartment lease not starting till august, and a desire for new soil carrying new adventures. I am about to start my second year at LSU, continuing progress on a major in anthropology and a minor in French.
I've experimented in many fields of art (some more successfully than others) including watercolor and acrylic painting, film and digital photography, knitting, quilting, and stained glass. The majority of my art pieces lay undocumented in a storage unit in Baton Rouge, but I've scrounged a few examples to show you. 

My freshman year of high school I did this pencil rendering of the famous National Geographic photograph, as seen below.  


This is a watercolor piece I did my senior year from a photo I took on the coast of Nova Scotia.

This is an example of my digital photography, a dragonfly caught up close. 



And finally, some examples from my film photography (I've been using my mom's 1978 Konica 35mm)






No comments:

Post a Comment